At Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of all our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences challenges in life that can make us feel vulnerable and that, at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health and well-being is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school, we promote a mentally healthy environment through:
- Promoting our school values: ‘Proud to Work, Learn and Grow Together’ which encourages a sense of belonging for all.
- Promoting pupil voice and opportunities for children to express themselves.
- Celebrating both academic and non-academic achievements in order to promote positive self-esteem.
- Providing opportunities to develop a sense of worth through children taking responsibility for their actions and the impact they have on others alongside a restorative approach.
- Providing children with opportunities to reflect using restorative practice.
- Access to appropriate support that meets children’s’ needs.
- Daily check-ins which help children to understand their emotions and feelings better and to feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries with a trusted adult.
- Helping children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks.
- A thorough and well planned PSHE and RSE curriculum.