Music lessons at Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy aim to engage and inspire pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement. As pupils progress, they develop their listening composition, performance and evaluation skills.
Whilst studying and enjoying music, the children are given the opportunity to:
- Learn to use their voices.
- Create and compose music individually and with others.
- Learn a musical instrument.
- Use technology appropriately.
- Understand and explore pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
- Listen to, review, perform and evaluate music from across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of great composers and musicians.
Music Mark Award
Robert Wilkinson Primary Academy has received the Music Mark Award after being nominated by York Music Hub.
To receive the Music Mark, a school must show that they not only have high-quality music provision in school, but also a willingness to improve the quality of that music provision across York.
Our school takes part in a Wider Opportunities Scheme and is involved with the York Music Hub, a partnership of key providers of music education within the city.